First 5 Madera County Commissioners
The FIRST 5 Commission is responsible for implementing the goals and objectives outlined in Proposition 10, administrating the finances allocated from Proposition 10, and adopting an annual Strategic Plan.
FIRST 5 Madera County is a regional body with a governing Commission of nine members. Commissioners are appointed by the Madera County Board of Supervisors and consists of:
- A member of the Board of Supervisors.
- The Director of the Madera Public Health Department.
- The Director of the Madera County Social Services Department.
- The Madera County Superintendent of Schools.
- Five (5) members to be chosen by the Board of Supervisors who shall be from among the following categories, at least one member of which shall represent the City of Chowchilla, City of Madera, the unincorporated valley area and the unincorporated Eastern Madera County:
a) Recipients of project services included in the Strategic Plan.
b) Educators specializing in early childhood development.
c) Representatives of a local child care resource of referral agency or a local child care coordinating group
d) Representatives of a local organization for prevention or early intervention for families at risk.
e) Representatives of community based organizations that have the goal of promoting, nurturing and early childhood development.